In need of a little outfit inspiration? Check out a few of our favorite accessories including our classic Morgan pump and our Crissy clutch! These staple accessories go perfectly with a solid or printed dress! Order yours at ellyclay.com
April is here, and so is the rain! It can be hard to dress appropriately for the rain and still look cute…. so we found a few ways to liven up your rainy day outfits. Having fun with your umbrellas and coats makes getting dressed for the rain a lot more enjoyable! And don’t forget, May flowers are just around the corner!
- Clear umbrellas are trendy and classic at the same time.
2. A pop of color is the perfect way to brighten up a grey rainy day.
3. Color not your thing? Cozy neutrals are an alternative way to bundle up and stay warm.
4. A statement rain coat will keep you stylish and dry.
5. Prints look bold against a damp grey backdrop.
6. And sometimes being entirely unprepared looks surprisingly chic!
Images via Pinterest
With spring and summer just around the corner it is time to start thinking about shorts! Boyfriend shorts are a trend that has caught on in the last few years because they are a great comfy, loose and casual style. They are a perfect option to wear poolside, but they can easily be dressed up with a heel as well for a fashionable look. This looser and often distressed style can be found in a range of lengths so they are suitable for all age groups. Boyfriend shorts would pair perfectly with a simple tee, a layer of necklaces, and our Shayla Bootie or Laight Flatform. See more outfit inspiration below!
Images via Pinterest
Although a classic white tee and some slip on shoes are a super cute look with a pair of boyfriend jeans, there is more than one right way to wear them! If you’re going to branch out and where a unique style of jeans, you better make sure you are getting the proper use out of them!
- Yes they are a loose fitting jean, however, don’t be afraid to pair them up with a baggy shirt or sweater. It can be a very cute and comfy look when worn the right way. See examples below:
2. Going along with the baggy top, a somewhat less baggy but still loose fitted option would be a button down top. This adds a cute, business casual element to your boyfriend jean style.
3. Pair your boyfriend jeans up with a cute utility jacket. There is something magical about the combination of denim and army green.
4. When the weather is warm, but not quite warm enough for shorts, a crop top is a perfect route to take with your boyfriend jeans!
5. Another business casual and classy look to go for is the blazer and boyfriend jean combo! The blazer can add a pop of color and a hint of sophistication to your #OOTD
6. Boots. Not always a combination you would think of right away when thinking of an outfit involving boyfriend jeans but it works. Here are pictures to prove it!
7. Boyfriend jeans and sneakers. This is one way to look comfy and chic while you’re shopping or running errands.
8. Trench coats. Perfect for the fall or early spring season when layering is an everyday outfit choice!
9. Strappy heels are an excellent shoe choice. Especially for this spring season!
10. Boyfriend jeans uncuffed. For a different style, you can unroll your boyfriend jeans and even wear them with a cute pair of heels.
The best street style outfits are a perfect balance of edgy and girly. It can be a hard balance to strike sometimes so we put together a few pairs that work well together to help you get the look. Adding a girly pink lipstick to a darker or sportier outfit adds a feminine touch that softens the look. Another approach is to add florals and lace with leather or studded details. What is your favorite combo to mix edgy and girly styles?
It has become a popular trend to turn a gym outfit into an everyday look. In doing this, you have to be careful to maintain a chic, sporty style and not to cross over the line into looking too lazy to wear real pants. There are a few different ways you can dress your athletic outfit up.
It’s no secret that we all have at least one pair of joggers hiding somewhere in our closet. While you might wear them to a yoga session or for a light jog in the neighborhood, you can also dress them up with a cute pair of heels, flats or stylish sneakers for an everyday look. Pair it up with a top and a jacket, and you’re good to go!
A loose, racer back tank can be layered up with a long cardigan for a look that’s cozy and cute
Mesh paneled leggings are the new pants. Not only are they chic and versatile, they’re a few steps above a normal pair of black leggings.
Sports bras make for excellent crop tops. This strappy, sports bra adds so much to the outfit
A solid pair of kicks gives your casual look a perfect sporty element, without dressing it down. Also, after a long day, your feet will thank you!
What’s inside your bag?
Have you been anxiously awaiting for Taylor to drop a clothing line of her own? Well the time has come…if you live in China. The queen of pop finally released her first clothing line on Thursday, but it’s not technically available in the US as of yet.
If you were hoping for TSwift to release some of her tour outfits for a relatively cheap price, you’re out of luck. If you’re looking for some cozy sweats for your night in, she’s got you covered.
It might seem like we are looking too far ahead, but Spring 2016 will be here before we know it, so what better time to find out what the upcoming shoe trends will be before we’re too late!
Colors we are noticing….
Lots of white and silver metal!
ballet lace ankles, multicolored slip ons and sneakers are here to stay!
Be on the lookout for these styles and colors to begin filling the stores after the holidays are over!